> -1
>
> What's annoying about it?  Should I be more annoyed by a summary of an
> experience with some software that millions of people (including me and
> most of you) will be using -- which is what he just sent -- or with a
> question about why some guy's wireless router isn't working?  Why pick on
> what Jason is writing?  To me it looked like a nice start to a
> *discussion* about Unity.
>
> I do agree that he should have a blog, but I wouldn't want him to stop
> posting here.  He could post links to his blog entries instead of posting
> the entries, but I have no reason to object either way.  I think his
> messages have evoked quite a few worthwhile discussions.
>
> Mike

Hello Hello,

+1 Agreed.

<rant>
I just joined this list today and wanted to lurk a bit before posting and
introducing myself. The first thread I found after joining immediately scared
me that maybe this list is not an ideal place to visit. I liked the in-depth
review he gave of his personal use and likes/dis-likes. I thought "wow, this
is a real linux community, unlike the LUG I just left!"

The former LUG I was a member of for the last ten years or so has grown old
and uncomfortable because so many people are not willing to hear other
people's opinions on the list and have, just as this one, suggested they start
a blog somewhere.

I love the ability to post questions, get answers and help others answer
questions. I like sharing stories about our linux experiences. It builds a
real sense of "community" where we can discuss linux and OSS software.

The day someone submits an email to a LUG and has to second-guess themselves
before clicking "send" for fear it is opinionated or not ideal for the list is
a sad sad day for that local community. Of course, proper etiquette is nice as
well. If you want to say something that may be slightly off-topic then prefix
your subject line with

OT: My Off-topic subject

but since when is something that is related to linux "off topic" for a linux
discussion list? The previous LUG I was part of was so sensitive to every
posting resulting in continual flame wars about ettiquete and was is or is not
"off-topic". Yet Windows questions were welcomed and answered by all and
quickly! Last time I checked, I only used linux and don't have a windows pc
anywhere near me.
</rant>

Just my .02 but I am looking for a linux community that enjoys discussing all
things linux and open source, whether it be "GNU" or not.

Nathan