On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Erik Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Mark Katerberg <mark.katerberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you have a blog? Have you ever thought of starting one? recently
>> your posts seem more in line with that than with a mailing list.
>
> +1
>
> Jason, you have some good insights and clearly a large dose of passion
> for desktop linux. That said, this is a discussion mailing list, not a
> place to post general thinky/feely type stuff.
>
> I think you could gain a significant following if you posted this type
> of analysis and commentary on a blog versus a mailing list, and you'd
> annoy fewer people as well. :) win/win

-1

What's annoying about it?  Should I be more annoyed by a summary of an
experience with some software that millions of people (including me and
most of you) will be using -- which is what he just sent -- or with a
question about why some guy's wireless router isn't working?  Why pick on
what Jason is writing?  To me it looked like a nice start to a
*discussion* about Unity.

I do agree that he should have a blog, but I wouldn't want him to stop
posting here.  He could post links to his blog entries instead of posting
the entries, but I have no reason to object either way.  I think his
messages have evoked quite a few worthwhile discussions.

Mike