First, *ANY* and *ALL* distros are welcome at the PenguinsUnbound
Install Fests!!

We have been working on an Install Fest server, (fish of course to feed
the hungry penguins!) Because there is only 500mb of disk space on this
machine I am only able to fit the most current Ubuntu on the server. I
would be happy to mirror any and alot (don't think I get mirror them
all!) distributions (cd images or full distribution) when I have disk
space enough to mirror them. As I said, up to this point I haven't had
enough disk space to mirror anything more than Ubuntu.

Doug has graciously volunteered the use of his Install Fest server, a
DL380 G3 with 6x 146GB U320 drives. Which should help.  But I believe
that disk will also be filled pretty quickly... Ie. I am always looking
for donations of disk space...

At the Install Fest I usually have had a computer to burning disks.
Right now I am using a "borrowed" machine from another department. So I
can't expect that I will have that machine and the disk that goes along
with it at the next install fest...

As for ties connectivity, well to say the least, it is really good. We
have multiple Gigabit connections to the Internet, at both TIES building
and 511. Unfortunately the connections into the Install Fest are limited
because they are Publicly Accessible networks. But for the most part
TIES has really good connections.

I would like to thank everyone who helped at the install fest, and
everyone that came. Thanks. I hope your Linux is running well.

BTW.  I am looking for a speaker for Nov. 19 2011, someone had expressed
an interest in learning about Samba. And I would love to hear about
working with newer AD that require kerbos ...

==>brian.
PenguinsUnbound.com circus Ringmaster ;)

BTW. Kalabe(sp) could you drop me an email I lost your email address...