On Tue, 17 May 2011, Steve McGrath wrote:

> I have a gTablet, it's crap.

[snip]

> Any interest here?

The thing I wonder about is why I would want one.  I have a netbook -- I
like that for when I travel, for taking notes at lectures, etc.  It has a
keyboard, which helps.  I see a lot of interest in tablets right now but
I'm not sure of why I'd want one.  When I see an ad for the iPad tablet,
they make it look great, but most of what they are showing is really nice
software that has nothing to do with the device, as far as I know.

The one thing I an appreciate about it is that it must be nice for reading
stuff, like newspapers, maybe books or journal articles.  It would be
awkward to turn a netbook sideways, but it's easy with tablet. Is that the
main selling point? - That it's nice for reading stuff?  For movies it
seems like a netbook would be nicer because it automatically holds the
screen in the right position and it gives me a keyboard that I can use
easily for pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc.

So I'm not sure I'm getting the attraction unless it's all about reading
(as it is with Kindle or Nook), but maybe someone here can fill me in.

Mike