I use a printer exceedingly rarely (I lived without one for well over 10
years I think). So I got a laser printer because I wouldn't have to worry
about the ink cartridges drying out.

I ended up with an HP Laserjet P1006; which is USB-attached and works ok.
Did take a bit of fiddling to get the correct drivers installed, and it
requires a firmware upload when first turned on (one day in my copious spare
time I'll figure out udev and how to automatically upload firmware); but it
works pretty well. Only cost $100 on sale after Christmas one year.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator