On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Mr. B-o-B <mr.chew.baka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kenneth Lynes cried from the depths of the abyss...
>
>> That should be the immediate goal of the distribution: to make it work
>> well without hundreds of issues to solve.
>>

> Come on man!  What are you running over there?  Wintendo 95,98, or ME?  M$
> hasn't been that bad in a long time now.  Perhaps your hardware is crap.
> Another thing that comes to mind is all the pirate software.  Each time you
> click on Cracked.exe, crack.exe, patchthis.exe, or my favorite already
> precracked software there is a price to pay.  It seems you are paying right
> now.  Legitimate windows with legitimate software works well enough.  You
> are doing something wrong.

Truthfully, the most pain-free and stable way to run Windows is with a valid
license - period - the end.  And, if you did pay for it, these days you get
a pretty good OS.  Granted, it's not POSIX compliant, but it actually can
host services pretty well these days.  I hate to say it, but it's true.

I especially like the way it runs .Net.  I mean Java.  I mean silverlight.
Whoops - I meant flash.  I meant...

*sigh*

It really does suck less, for what it's worth.

-Rob