On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Daniel Taylor <random at argle.org> wrote:

> On 11-03-11 03:57 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
>

>> What is "the noobuntu band wagon?"  There are four articles linked above
>> and I'm not sure if you are recommending all of them equally.  I want to
>> learn more, but I'm not sure how much time I will have to spend reading to
>> figure out what you are trying to tell us.  Can you give us a summary, or
>> explain your position (which I think is an anti-Ubuntu position).
>>
>>  It appears to be, but anyone who thinks that Canonical is worse than
> Apple doesn't really have any grasp of Apple's history.
>
> The only thing keeping Apple from being a worse Evil Empire than MS or IBM
> ever have been is market share

I think Canonical gets a bit of a bad rap.  They are pushing a debian-based
distro with a six-month release cycle - which is exactly what a lot of
people wanted.  They also have done a lot of work on integration.  I don't
know the whole story, but there has been friction between the Gnome
community and Canonical for awhile - as from reading the posts above it
seems Gnome leadership has been somewhat dickish about some of the issues at
play.

I'm interested in objective criticisms of Ubuntu.  Not so much in people
bagging on it to look 1337.

-Rob