On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Dan Smith wrote:

> At this point, I've decided to also leave the TCLUG list.  Because I
> also agree with what Todd said.  "Google answers it much faster and
> without all the BS that the list provides."
>
> Maybe someday I'll return to TCLUG. Maybe I won't.  Maybe I'll just find
> a better list.

I don't understand the need for an announcement.  Some people won't get
anything out of a list, so they shouldn't be on that list.  There are a
lot of lists that I'm not on, probably thousands of them.  If I find that
I'm on a list that doesn't help me, then I leave it.  Do I post an
announcement before leaving?  Should I?  Would anyone care that I was
leaving?

I've had a bunch of useful discussions on this list in the past few
months.  Mostly stuff about bash and text util techniques.  It's good for
me, but if someone else already knows all of that, or doesn't want to know
about it, all of those discussions would have been a waste of time.

If someone posts something you don't like, can't you just delete it?

Another thing I've been getting from this list is announcements about the
Penguins Unbound meetings.  I like those.

Mike