> My guess is Banshee isn't see the CD due to issues with udev and whatever
> services banshee usually uses to interface with udev.

Banshee does all kinds of weird things, like it won't let me use my
keyboard's media buttons.

> What window manager are you using these days?

As always Window Maker. I used to need to run (and then kill)
gnome-keybinding-proerties to get my keyboard's special buttons to work,
but that seems to not be the case with this version of Mint.

Yeah I'm using Mint on my desktop as of three days ago. It was Ubuntu
before that. I think even the previous version of Ubuntu didn't have a
grip package (based on the fact that I had it in /usr/local/src).

I broke down and built grip - works just fine.

> I broke down and switched over to gnome a year or two ago.

I gave gnome a try a bit ago. I do every now and again. The thing is, it
gets REALLY CONFUSED by the fact that I have three monitors. I'd give it
an effort for the eye-candy, but compiz/whatever it's called today can't
handle three screens at all!

> Anyway, if grip isn't supported on your distro, have you tried just using
> an old package?

I think it hasn't been supported in forever, but a 15 minute ./configure,
apt-get install whatever it wants, ./configure, apt-get install whatever
it wants, rinse, repeat, make and it's all good.

-Yaron