Troy Johnson:

> Brian,
>
> I would find out exactly what syslog they have installed:
>
> aptitude search sys | grep log
>
> (look for an initial 'i' on the line) and what is running:
>
> ps -ef | grep syslog
>
> I found this page:
>
> http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/glibc/html_chapter/libc_18.html
>
> It helps explain what the syslog related code is doing.
>
> Whether it is sysklogd or rsyslog, a line that looks like this in the
configuration file:

> user.info             /var/log/cmwAmbassador.log
>
> (with tab characters separating the two pieces of text) will probably
start logging what you want.

> Good luck,
>
> Troy

Thanks for the replies.  The problem is fixed now.  He made a copy of
his rsyslog.conf file and then replaced his original version with the
version
from my system, restarted the service and now he's getting the log messages.
His original version was 56 lines and the version on my system is 78 lines.

I'm not sure if I want to have a cmwAmbassador.log.  For now am happy with
the
messages going to the general file.

Brian