On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Randy Clarksean wrote:

> I have Ubuntu 10.10 on a Asus laptop with nVidia GEForce GTX 260M (1 GB)
> video card.  I can attach the projector and have the image shared to an
> external projector . but the system becomes very bogged down . CPU
> activity runs at nearly 100% when one tries to switch between desktops,
> etc.

Here's why making the video output work well should be a priority for
Ubuntu:  You get up there in front of a room full of people and start
trying to make the thing work.  After a little while they notice you are
having problems.  They want to know what you are using and they want to
make sure they don't end up like you -- fumbling around with some crappy
operating system that doesn't work.

Every talk could be a nice demo for Ubuntu, if it could handle it.

I've had problems, too, but nothing very consistent and I don't remember
the CPU pegging.

Mike