I have an Asus laptop with an nVidia 210, I don't use it with a
projector but I do use it with our home TV via the HDMI interface.

I didn't observe any issues when using the nVidia util to set it up with
Twinview either mirrored or dual screen with 10.04 or 10.10. up through
April which was the last time I used it that way.