On 1/6/2011 3:12 PM, r j wrote:
> I am working on a Fedora 14 machine.
>  I am running a Lamp (php) server.
> I am running into issues with selinux reporting
> warnings that httpd is attempting to access variables in my template files.
> When I correct the issues using the selinux context manager they repear when
> my httpd is restarted.
> I follow the command inputs to make the allow behavor the default and get
> errors as well.
> When I change selinux  to permissive mode with echo 0 > /selinux/enforce.
> It still blocks template compiling and generates errors.
> This is causing my smarty template system to fail.

This is a guess, as I can't remember what I did the last time I
encountered it, but try changing the SELinux context of the Smarty
compile_dir to httpd_cache_t:

# chcon -t httpd_cache_t /path/to/compile_dir

Michael Berkowski
Minitex  / MnLINK Linux Systems Administrator and Programmer
University of Minnesota
612.625.8736
mjb at umn.edu
PGP Public key: