John Hawley wrote:

> I've run a mail server on comcast for about 5 years with no problems
> with blockage.  I do have to use them as a relay to get around the
> problem of mail rejection from a source ip being in a dynamic range.

Same here.  Once Gmail and others stopped accepting mail from my
dynamic ip address, I used the smtp.comcast.net relay on port 25.

A few months ago, Comcast stopped doing that.  I understand they still
relay on port 587 but I haven't figured out how to make it work
(requires encryption, Comcast user-id and password).

If anyone has been able to make this work, I would appreciate any
pointers.