If you go to k-bid.com (http://www.k-bid.com/), click on "Click Here
for Current Auctions," scroll down to "Jobs Foundation Auction #58,"
and then "Click here to view and bid," you'll see a couple of lots
with laptops (several laptops < $40). Maybe not exactly what you're
looking for, but the prices are dirt cheap right now. Maybe several
people would want to go in on one of the auctions together.

-Erik