> Here's a +1 for the libvirt setup.
>>

>  I can access it with vnc localhost so virt-manager is still really not
>> needed.
>> Certainly good enough for what I do on Windows but I can't speak to
>> whether I'd run a bunch of Windows servers on it.
>>

> Forgive me, but I have not read through any of the documentation yet.  Do
> you know if this type of setup will support RDP to the windows guests? Not
> a big deal if VNC works, just curious.  All the Linux guests I will be
> installing don't have X/GUI's installed, so no worries their.

by design virt-viewer, based on VNC but extended, shows you KVM virtual
consoles.  which i generally use just long enough to fix the virt-clone
network glitches so i can connect via ssh.  while not strictly necessary
i've found virt-manager to be useful for it's handy column of CPU graphs
and easy pause/resume/reboot access.

also openvz is working very well for us (linux clients only).  far lower
overhead than KVM.  the only theoretical concern is whether to trust the
ongoing supply of openvz kernel updates.  so far they (rhel6/openvz) seem
rapid.  if that becomes a concern i'll look into fedora/lxc (lxc ships
crippled in rhel).