Ron-

When I heard what the chiefs were planning for Ubuntu 11.04 (i.e., Unity), I
dropped them like a rock. Since Ubuntu is a fork off from (they call it
*upstream*
and *downstream* these days) Debian, I converted to Debian. Debian is still
at Gnome2 currently.

I'm writing because I thought Gnome3 wasn't officially released yet. How
did the
Fedorans get that?!

What is your opinion on Gnome2 versus Gnome3--at the present time. That
is, is
Gnome3 kind of rough around the edges (not quite ready for prime time)
or is it
very ready. Is Gnome3 bloated? Would you rather run Gnome2 or (Gnome3 as it
is on Fedora)?

[What I'd REALLY like to know is:
A) when does Gnome3 officially release?
B) length of time until it appears in an official Debian release.
C) how much speed and memory will a PCclone require for Debian with
Gnome3? (i.e., do I have to replace
my antiquated system?)
But then, *NOONE* knows THESE!!]

Thank you very kindly in advance.

So far, debian looks good. The load average drops to 0.00 when I don't
type in enough stuff. On Ubuntu-9.10?,
10.04 and 10.10, it never dropped to below around 0.20--0.0 reminds me
of when I was working on
Solaris machines. (Do stuff--it spikes.  Stop doing stuff--it drops to
0.00. Life is good. This is how it should be!)

Aloha.  :)
-Steve