Adam Morris cried from the depths of the abyss...

> What's the current state of package management in Slackware these days?  The last time I used it Swaret was the package manager of choice but my understanding is that they got rid of that in a release since then.

It's still the same really with a few new ones (like swaret).  One you
might be interested is called Slapt-get.  It is similar to Deb's APT.  I
still do things the old fashioned way, but I've heard good things about
it.  There is a large 3rd party site that provides slack build scripts not
included with the distro @ www.slackbuilds.org.  Someone has create a
package mgmt program for them too called sbopkg.

It's not that bad really when it comes to maintenance.

> I used to be a real hardcore Slackware user until I fell in love with
Debian's package management system.  I'd love to go back to my roots, so to speak, but I'm afraid of ending up in a high maintenance OS again.