What's the current state of package management in Slackware these days?  The last time I used it Swaret was the package manager of choice but my understanding is that they got rid of that in a release since then.

I used to be a real hardcore Slackware user until I fell in love with Debian's package management system.  I'd love to go back to my roots, so to speak, but I'm afraid of ending up in a high maintenance OS again.

-Adam