r j cried from the depths of the abyss...

> Another version of Ubuntu rolls out of the gates. And unity will be the desktop default.

Yawn...

> The Linux desktop has been split up into KDE, Gnome, and tilling managers and etc...
> Do you think unity can change this?

For the love of god, NO!

> I have used the Ubuntu Netbook Remix that had unity and it needed a lot
> of work.
> The 11.04 release may be better.
> A look at Android might help here. With a unified desktop and more open standards than Apple, Android is a huge success.
> Is it a massive waste of development time to have so many desktop environments?

No.  Not until everyone can agree on what it should do & be.  For example
the idea of using unity makes me want to vomit while you are quite excited
about it.  See what I mean.

> Will unity make any difference to you, or are you just going to install your choice of interface?

Will make no difference at all in my life.

> I'm currently installing Gnome3 for a test drive.

Another one I can't stand.

> I will give unity a chance and use it for 2 weeks and give some feed back on the lug.

Awaiting your report.

Mr. B-o-B