From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Brian Wood
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 9:48 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [tclug-list] What browser do you use?

I've been using Firefox 3.6.13 and have recently started using Chrome
after using Chrome once previously.  One frequently encountered
scrolling-related bug I was having with Firefox went away with Chrome.
One reason I decided to take another look at Chrome was my browsing
tends to use a lot of my resources.  Firefox seems to be multi-threaded
as the top program gives a one liner for Firefox that makes it easy to
tell how much resource it is using.  Chrome though seems to use a
separate process for each tab and that makes it a pain to compare how
much resource it is using to do the same thing I was doing with Firefox.
There's another aspect to Chrome I like so don't really think I'll go back
to Firefox soon, but I'm not really sure if Chrome is using less resources
than Firefox.  I also recall hearing about an upcoming Firefox release
that will be more efficient than previous Firefox releases.  Thanks in
advance.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises