Excellent. That's got it. I'm only using the Win7 machine for checking my Web work anyway. Thanks!

--- On Fri, 4/15/11, Smith, Craig A <Craig.A.Smith at honeywell.com> wrote:

From: Smith, Craig A <Craig.A.Smith at honeywell.com>
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Home network?
Date: Friday, April 15, 2011, 10:56 AM

Olwe Bottorff wrote:  Ø  Unfortunately, it only seems to know about Apache's standard directory: /var/www/  that is, my test index.html comes up, but I can't seem to access any other pages/directories thatI've got set up in my /etc/apache2/sites-available. Is this some sort of Apache tweek I need to do, or am I just not putting in the address correctly?  Sounds like you’re using <NamedVirtualHosts>?  If >1 site share an ip address, requests must include web-site name so Apache knows which site to serve.  Otherwise, you’ll get the default site.  Try updating  etc/hosts on your Win laptop, , eg  192.168.0.5 siteA192.168.0.5 siteB  and then connect by name rather than ip address, eg.http://siteA http://siteB
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----