I'm working with a dsl modem sending data through to a router, and the
router connects to 3 computers on a home network.  I want to install a
small distro on an older computer, and then be able to ping the two
other computers.  Is it a matter of assigning a static IP and using the
route command on each of the computers?  I currently have connection
with all 3 computers to the Internet.  I had ubuntu 8.04 on it, but no
room for music files.
Tom