On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Raymond Norton wrote:

> Here is an example of what the page will look like on the day of the
> election:
>
> http://www.co.mcleod.mn.us/department_files/Auditor/Election_results/general/EL30.htm
>
> I want to display the information for the Hutchinson City Council and
> McLeod County Sheriffs race.
>
> I expect to need two different pages for this, but maybe there is some
> way to split a page with information from both races centered in the
> browser window. Last go around was very laborious as we always had to
> scroll to the locations we were interested in every time the page
> refreshed.  The plan is to force a refresh every 5 minutes and not
> require user interaction.

It's a simple plain text file with <html><pre> stuck at the beginning.  I
would just use wget and perl to read in the file every 5 minutes and strip
out all the stuff you don't want leaving only the two parts you do want.
I could do this for you pretty easily if I knew exactly which part of the
file you wanted (i.e., how to identify where the sections begin and end
based on certain text strings).  I'd probably keep the time stamp, too.

I don't know how to force a refresh, though.  I would just use Ctrl-r or
click the refresh button whenever I wanted the latest version.

Mike