There are two methods to change that. In your dsl router you can stop it from providing itself as a dns server and pass along your ISPs or you can go into your network connection settings and choose "dhcp (addresses only)" or even use static addresses.

------Original Message------
From: Brady Hegberg
Sender: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
ReplyTo: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: [tclug-list] Ubuntu Networking Issues
Sent: Oct 16, 2010 9:40 AM

I've become complacent because for the last few years everything has always just worked but since a few weeks ago I can't pull up any pages served by my ISP - iphouse, on any of my Ubuntu machines.  I went in and changed my resolv.conf to the recommended dns and that didn't seem to help.  Also everytime I restart networking it adds the line nameserver 192.168.0.1 (dsl modem) to the top of the list.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Brady