I have a net4801 with a 512mb cf card. It works well and is quiet. Mine runs openbsd. Some people even made some 19" rackmount kits for racking

------Original Message------
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Sender: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
ReplyTo: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: [tclug-list] soekris routers/firewalls
Sent: Oct 11, 2010 10:48 AM

Anyone used Soekris hardware under Linux recently?

http://www.soekris.com/

I remember quite a few years ago Ben Kochie had one that he brought to an
installfest; and it looked pretty good, albeit expensive at the time.

It's not cheap hardware; but it does have the advantage of compactness and
no moving parts when compared to a recycled desktop or server machine.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator