Mike Miller:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010, Brian Wood wrote:

>> I'm not inclined to reply to top-posts.
>

> How about keeping your religion to yourself?  Besides, I'm pretty sure
> that making hiring decisions on the basis of religion is illegal.
>
> http://www.justice.gov/crt/religiousdiscrimination/religionpamp.php<http://www.justice.gov/crt/religiousdiscrimination/religionpamp.php>

I think you're right about it being illegal.  My guess is it has been
illegal for 40 or 50 years.  I'm of the opinion the country has been
going off track for more than just the last 20 years. I'm not going
to rehearse the story from Acts 5 now, but here's what Gamaliel told
some associates intent on persecuting some followers of Yeshua:
"And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them
alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing;
but if it is of G-d, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found
to fight against G-d.”

> It's hard to see how the quality of C++ encryption code can have anything
> to do with the religion on the programmer.

I'm sure you've heard of the Puritan work ethic.  I need someone
with that.  The Bible also says to do good to all men especially
those of the household of faith.  The man (could be a woman) of
faith is the one I'm after to help with this contract/income.

--
Regards,
Brian Wood