I could do that...  I already thought about that.

But I wanted to do it as an app to get some experience developing for Android.  Android's built in VPN client config stuff is VERY limited.  I'd like to make a new frontend for it that allows me to modify the Phase 1 and Phase 2 proposals and use XAUTH, and configure multiple tunnels that could be up simultaneously.  Also, the app I want for my home automation system control is $100 on Android.  A comparable one on the iPhone with more features is less than half the price.  I have all of the tables for the commands to send and the decoding information for it, so I was thinking about making one the way I want it and selling it for less.  $100 is a steep price for an app that doesn't quite do what I want.

I found a couple of really cool dev platforms that allow you to write your app once and then compile for multiple platforms:
- Titanium Developer
- RhoMobile
- PhoneGap

I grabbed RhoMobile and am playing around with it.  Titanium Developer is sweet, but you have to buy a monthly membership to view the tutorials.  Being able to write the apps in Ruby or Python is huge for me since I don't know java at all and don't really have the desire to learn it.  And, I can compile the app for BlackBerry, iPhone, and Android using a single codebase.