Hi Marc,

I'm looking for a computer to run Linux so I needn't dual boot my laptop. I'm just a boarderline/new/sometime user of Linux struggling to learn Ubuntu.

I've found my laptop overheats in Linux when I rip CDs (but not in Windows) and I don't want to harm it. So I've been thinking about getting a used box. I think CD ripping might be a good way to ease into Linux.

Do you think the P3 would have enough speed to rip CDs in Linux? I find my mobile 1.6GHz pentium servicable but slow. What do you think?

Thanks for listing your boxes,

Bruce
Roseville

-------

Twenty-Fifth MorningBy curbing his tongue, a man gains
possession of his mind.
The fool babbles, gossips, argues,
and bandies words. He glories in the fact
that he has had the last word, and has
silenced his opponent. He exults in his
own folly, is ever on the defensive, and
wastes his energies in unprofitable channels.
He is like a gardener who continues to dig
and plant in unproductive soil.
The wise man avoids idle words, gossips,
vain argument, and self-defense. He is
content to appear defeated; rejoices when
he is defeated; knowing that, having found
and removed another error in himself, he
has thereby become wiser.
Blessed is he who does not strive for
the last word.