I'm administering a server (running Debian) for a few friends and we
want to use it as a seedbox. I have things working with
transmission-daemon server-side and a remote GUI program of the user's
choice client-side. There is one problem, however. One of the trackers
we use doesn't use a passkey system and requires that any connections
made to it must come from the IP address associated with the account.
This makes it impossible to use a remote machine with it without using a
proxy. Unfortunately, I don't have experience using proxies, so it's
hard to know how to put all the information on the subject I found
scattered across the internet together. Ideally, I'd like to have the
server act as the proxy via Apache (which I already have up and running).

These two pages are helpful:
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/WebProxy
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html

I think I'm missing some simple step since I wouldn't know what to enter
for proxy information in the remote tool even if I had Apache configured
correctly for it. I'm also new to Apache, using mostly the RTFM approach
to solving problems, and the mod_proxy docs are going a bit over my
head. Some advice from someone experienced with proxies and/or Apache
would be greatly appreciated.