Mike Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Steve Cayford wrote:
>
>> I would second the perl vote. One-liners, system administration, web
>> applications, it runs the gamut and scales well. Just follow best
>> practices to keep code clean and manageable.
>
> Is that because you know both Perl and Python and you think that someone
> who is highly skilled with Python should also learn Perl?

I don't really know Python as well as that, so no. I just enjoy working in
Perl and it does what I need. I've probably become a bit too complacent
about just sticking with what I already know, but I got tired of spending
all my time on learning curves. Next time I feel inspired I'd like to
invest in learning a really different language like Haskell or Smalltalk or
something.

-Steve