On 3/25/2010 1:15 PM, Eric F Crist wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2010, at 12:51:13, Eric Peterson wrote:
>
>> So 1and1 (domain registrar) provides crappy DNS service (only 5
>> subdomains per package) and in general I don't really want to host my
>> DNS with them. I've been using everydns.net for a long time and have
>> had a great experience with them especially for the price. However
>> they were recently bought by dyndns which I'm sure will bring an end
>> to "Free DNS" soon.
>>
>> Who do you host your DNS with? Are other registrars more flexible on
>> number of subdomains? How much do you pay?
>
> I don't know why everyone is so averse to hosting DNS themselves.  It's free, and pretty simple to do.  Also, try looking at ns2exchange.com, I managed to find someone willing to swap secondary DNS and have been doing so for about two years with little difficulty.

  Ditto.  I've been running my own DNS for over 10 years, though, so
maybe that comfort level is a bit amplified.
  I tried numerous providers a couple weeks ago (some of my users were
asking for a web interface) and discovered I really didn't like any of
them.  I ended up writing my own UI for bind.

      Jima