On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM, r j <ronsmailbox5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in network development at brown college and I am wondering where to
> intern at.
> I would like to work in a Linux friendly environment.
> My internship would start in about a years time.
> Does anyone have any recommendations ?

a)  If your college has a placement office, ask them if they can help you.
b)  Word of mouth is huge in IT right now - keep asking places like
here and see if you run into someone who needs you.
c)  Keep an eye out in non-traditional places.  Sure, Monster and the
newspapers have listings, but not much.  Dice is good since it narrows
down to the industry, although even there a lot of people aren't
bothering to post positions.  I actually found the posting for my
current position on Craigslist.

Good luck!

 - Tony Yarusso