On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:01:04 -0600
Jeff Nelson <stutterstutt at comcast.net> wrote:

> Such a list might include the following. What setting: urban or suburb?
> What housing choice: house, condo, apartment? Roommate: yes/no? Relative
> access (how easy to get to/from) church / library / work / grocery store
> / coffee / parks / trails / mall / hospital / ... ?

The type of housing would be a small rental house where I'd have freedom to install antennas outside for amateur radio.  I suspect that new neighborhoods wouldn't be for me, as they tend to have larger homes (more expensive) and CCRs (which would prohibit outside antennas).  Older neighborhoods, on the other hand, tend to have smaller houses and are less likely to have those CCRs.

I don't know where I'll be working in the years to come, but I think I can avoid long commutes if I live in a central location (Golden Valley, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis).  I wouldn't want to live in Burnsville and have to commute to Arden Hills or live in Maple Grove and have to commute to St. Paul.

--
Jason Hsu, Linux user <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>