On Thu, March 4, 2010 10:33 am, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Jim Crumley wrote:

>>> More than never?  And what are we going to see?  I'm on a bunch of
>>> lists that do Reply-To munging and we aren't having a problem.
>>
>> Yep. Never. Not once.
<snip>

> OMG!  The horrors.  It happened twice in 2001 and then gain in 2003.
> Let's review these errors starting with this one...

That's what found in 5 minutes of googling.  You said no one ever sent to
the list by accident.  I am sure that it has happened more recently as
well, and I might have found those cases with better search terms (or a
better memory. I agree that nothing horrifying happened in these cases,
but by changing behavior we make these things problems more likely.

<snip>
> Anyway, again, I am not worried about the possibility that someone will
> accidentally send a message to the list that was meant for someone else.

I am not convinced that many people accidentally reply to individuals and
not  to the list, and I don't see the harm if they do.  Then you just
have to resend. But we obviously disagree and are going around in circles.

I see the writing on the wall.