On 03/04 09:53 , Mike Miller wrote:
> VNC would require that some other computer is attached to the keyboard,
> mouse and monitor.  Is it 25 feet in a straight line?  There are
> floors/walls between, but maybe something that transmits the keyboard and
> mouse signals will work.  If so, then you'd only need to deal with the
> monitor.
>
> That's an interesting plan.  Are the computers noisy?

The 25' is sort of along the floor and then down through the floor. So it's
quite a bit less than that in a straight line; but there's concrete
foundation and other stuff (wiring, piping) that might get in the way of a
signal.

The computers are indeed noisy; and I suspect that a lot of the hearing loss
I've accumulated over the years is due to the constant low-level of fan and
drive noise I'm exposed to. I've actually taken to wearing earmuffs at
times. So I'd really like to make things quieter.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator