On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Justin Vogt wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome at real-time.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to relocate my computers from my office to a room in the
>> basement; and just run really long keyboard/video/mouse cables to the
>> office.
>>
>> This would require a run of about 25 feet tho.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with KVM cables (not involving a KVM
>> switch; just going from monitor to computer) that long? I've heard of
>> people having problems with pushing the keyboard signal that far; and
>> I've seen RF interference when crappy equipment is involved.
>

> Why not just use VNC?

VNC would require that some other computer is attached to the keyboard,
mouse and monitor.  Is it 25 feet in a straight line?  There are
floors/walls between, but maybe something that transmits the keyboard and
mouse signals will work.  If so, then you'd only need to deal with the
monitor.

That's an interesting plan.  Are the computers noisy?

Mike