On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Adam Morris wrote:

>> Plus we're geared towards occasionally helping people, and occasionally
>> these people are newbies. No problem, but quite often I get replies to
>> my reply that come directly to ME rather than to the list.
>>
>> I think it'd be helpful for a lot of new users that our list had
>> standard mailing list behavior.
>
> I realize I'm relatively new to this list, and I've been kind of lurking
> lately, but I agree.  Not all mail clients have a reply list
> functionality.  Yes, we can be condescending pricks and tell them to go
> get a "real" mail client, but that's a load of BS in my opinion.

I think we should have the list do "Reply-To" because (1) I often get
replies sent to me and not to the list when they were clearly meant for
the list -- that happens more on this list than elsewhere, and (2) I'm
used to lists that use "Reply-To" so that the keystrokes I'm used to
performing will send my message "to all" on TCLUG instead of just to the
list (what I want).  The argument against fixing this seems pretty weak to
me.

Mike