> Plus we're geared towards occasionally helping people, and occasionally
> these people are newbies. No problem, but quite often I get replies to my
> reply that come directly to ME rather than to the list.
>
> I think it'd be helpful for a lot of new users that our list had standard
> mailing list behavior.

I realize I'm relatively new to this list, and I've been kind of lurking
lately, but I agree.  Not all mail clients have a reply list
functionality.  Yes, we can be condescending pricks and tell them to go
get a "real" mail client, but that's a load of BS in my opinion.

A GREAT example of a mail client that doesn't support Reply-To-List is
the Gmail interface.  Last I checked, for lists like this you've got to
Reply-To-All, then cut out the original sender's address.  Not too
difficult, but I would argue that's fairly annoying.

As a side note, the whole condescending, "I'm better than you because I
use <foo> as my <task> client" attitude that lurks in the Linux
community is unhelpful and if this list is serious about helping
newbies, then I would also argue that people need to check that attitude
at the door.  I know plenty of people who have nearly quit learning
Linux (including myself back in 2001) because of the unhelpful attitudes
many *nix users have.  This is a discussion for another day however.

-Adam