On 06/29 09:50 , Mike Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
>
> > I've stuck with Debian ever since. I still can't get over the silly
> > sound of 'Ubuntu' even if the development seems to be much more active
> > than Debian.
>
> Really?  Some people choose a distro based on the sound of the name?
> That's interesting.

There are obviously attempts to make distros appealing based on the name;
hence 'Puppy Linux', 'Green Frog Linux' (anyone remember that?), 'Yellow Dog
Linux', etc. Why shouldn't people choose a distro based on a name? After
all, "Run A Spear Through Your Guts Linux" would seem to have a grimness and
loathing built into it, and even if it were the best thing since sliced
bread it may not get a lot of following.

Keep in mind that sufficiently advanced sarcasm is sometimes difficult to
distinguish from seriousness.
;)

--
Carl Soderstrom