On 06/28 04:43 , Jason Hsu, embedded engineer, Linux user wrote:
> The thing to do is to use Flash-blocker and script-blocker software to
> disable animations and scripts by default.  (They still provide the option
> of enabling the animations and scripts that you want executed.)  I use the
> Debian packages xul-ext-noscript and xul-ext-flashblock in anitX Linux.
> These two packages work with Iceape and Iceweasel.

Yep, I use the flashblock plug-in to make firefox manageable most of the
time. However, if I want to watch Youtube, even with the video scaled down
and at the lowest resolution level, it's nearly unusable with a 1.1GHz
processor. I end up using my laptop for watching videos, but it's a hassle
to use 2 computers to do the job of one.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator