I'm not sure that ANY amount of RAM is enough to handle Flash animations or scripts gone awry.  There are people with a few GB of RAM who are complaining that these animations and scripts bog down their computer.

The thing to do is to use Flash-blocker and script-blocker software to disable animations and scripts by default.  (They still provide the option of enabling the animations and scripts that you want executed.)  I use the Debian packages xul-ext-noscript and xul-ext-flashblock in anitX Linux.  These two packages work with Iceape and Iceweasel.

In my opinion, all Linux distros should provide Flash-blocker and script-blocker software by default, and all web browser packages should include the blocking software by default.  The modest amount processor power and RAM used by these packages is a drop in the bucket compared to what out-of-control animations and scripts do.

In my opinion, people who insist on putting Flash and scripts into their pages should turn them off by default (make them opt-in rather than opt-out) or at least make sure these things run properly.  You really have to wonder if some of the people out there who write web pages actually try to read them.  At least MY web site won't bog down your browser.