Hi,
I've running Fedora 12 on a NetCom-772 single board computer.  It has an
Intel Atom N270 cpu and uses Intel's 945GSE chipset for video and
everything else.   It's connected to a 1280x1024 VGA display.  (
http://www.netcomipc.com.tw/catalog/images/NC-772-1.pdf  If you want to
see more details about the cpu board.)

Ever since the 2.6.32 kernel came out I've had nothing but trouble with
video display.  In some rev's it will work at 1024x768.  Using Fedora
12's latest kernel 2.6.32.16-141 it won't boot in graphical mode at
all.  It gets part way through the boot and then the monitor starts
blinking and the monitor's controller complains about no signal.   It's
not pretty.  I've had some other weird video problems as various
kernel's have been pushed out.

When I've looked at /var/logs/messages, I don't see anything there that
looks like a failure notice during the boot.

When Unbuntu 10.4 came out I tried running that on this board; but, it
too can't seem to get graphical mode.  Ubuntu 10.4 uses 2.6.32 kernel so
that doesn't work for what I believe is the same reason.

The only way I've found to recover my mess is to manually edit /etc/grub
->../boot/grub/grub.conf  and move the kernel 2.6.31 kernel option to
the top of the boot choices.

   1. Where can I go to figure out what might have changed in the kernel
      that has crippled my video display modes?
   2. Is there utility that I can use to shuffle kernel boot choices
      beside using vi?
   3. Is there a distribution out there that uses the 2.6.33 or 2.6.34
      kernel  or some way to load the latest kernel on Fedora without
      having to download source and build it?

--
Timothy.