Eh. THe nvidia drivers have come a long way. They integrate pretty well
and th automatic package-based install is just fine if you dont' need the
absolute latest version (not that that's hard to install).

In contrast, I've had nothing but trouble with the ATI drivers and could
never actually recommend gettig one. Then again, unless you are doing
advanced 3D graphics, the open-source/included with xorg drivers for
nvidia and/or ATI are probably just fine.

Also there's Nouveau, which is an open-source accelerated nVidia driver.
Not quite ready for prime-time yet, but still.