On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Brian Wall wrote:

> Congrats on getting this far, remote booting of full distros is an
> interesting proposition to say the least.

We used to do that all the time in the Olden Days (; I think I still have
an IBM thinclient lying around, that was the ONLY way to boot those.

> May I suggest redirecting the kernel logs to a TTY?

The thing about that is I don't think it's getting far enough to have ttys
yet. Or consoles, or something. I guess I could try tty1 (or is it tty0?)
but that brings me to another problem... I don't know what syslog is doing
anymore in ubuntu. There was no /etc/syslog.conf on the system, and I'm
not even sure the package which did provide it (and a syslogd) is actually
the same as what I'm used to... I don't kow why they have to keep CHANGING
things (don't even get me started on 'upstart').

-Yaron