You are of course correct. I do not use NAT on my 678 as I use a block of addresses so my case is not a fair comparison.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean <dean at ripperd.com>
Sender: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:37:36
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] How detect what's using Internet connection?

678's don't have much cpu power by today's standards. And NAT is always
somewhat stateful, it has to learn and keep a mapping of ip and port
combos that have been assigned statically and dynamically and keep track
of when they have been terminated or need to time out. A while back when
I used gamespy to do a ping and game status check on a list of 1000+
servers the first 50 or so would always ping good, and the rest were
1000+ms. When pinged individually they would ping well. The 678 can't
process high numbers of packets real well. This is likely related to the
OP's issue.