I just disposed of a lot of equipment at the Hennepin county drop off
in Brooklyn Park (2 cars to deliver). Now, on their website they do
say "5" items per person, per calendar year. I called and spoke with
someone at their office who explained to me that this was 5 items per
category, not 5 items total. In other words 5 printers + 5 monitors +5
computers + 5 TVs, etc..

However, when I did arrive there I got hassled a lot by the staff,
who I had to constantly tell them that this was not from a business,
and that I was told directly from their own office I was allowed the 5
items per category. Suffice to say they did not understand that some
tech geeks tend to collect lots of equipment over time. Hell, I was
disposing of 500mhz computers, and printers collected over 10 years.

What you can do is maybe list anything that could still be of use
here, and some may take it. Then, list some on Craigslist. After
simply organize the collection to 5 items per category and prepare to
argue you way through the gates of hell/Hennepin County recycling and
simply explain that this is items collected over a 10-15 year span.
Just remember what they really care about is insuring you are not a
business skirting the rules and trying to avoid paying. Go down during
the weekday, and if they really hassle you then demand they call their
office to confirm the rules for residents. I forgot the woman's name I
spoke with, but it was something like Louisa Rodriquez? Definitely
either Hispanic name.