Minneapolis Public Schools' "Transition Plus" program will take your old
computers at no cost.  They *won't* take monitors, printers, or anything
else.  They have a bin in their parking lot on the east side of Chicago Ave
S, just north of 34th street.  Just drop your computer in there.

The computers are used in vocational training for students with
disabilities.  Mostly the computers are torn apart and the parts are sorted
and sold for scrap, which in turn helps fund the training program for the
students.

Conveniently, Transition Plus is right next door to Free Geek.  So you can
give your decent stuff to Free Geek for them to use, and the stuff that is
really junk, like your old PIIs, can go to Transition Plus.  Or you can mix
and match however you want.

CRT monitors will be the hardest to get rid of.  Hennepin county will take a
limited number per household at no cost.  Maybe you have a few friends in
Hennepin county who you can "give" a couple monitors to?