I had some issues with a specific release of DD-WRT (sorry don't
recall which) where my WRT54GL would just start getting slower and
slower until it eventually just stopped working and needed to be hard
reset. The issue occurred on multiple WRT54GL routers, so it wasn't
hardware. I switch to Tomato and the problem went away.

Tomato is really nice if you just want a nice simple router with a few
extra tools and config files you can tweak to your liking. DD-WRT is
great if you want an embedded server OS with your router.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com