On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Brian Wall <kc0iog at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Elvedin Trnjanin <trnja001 at umn.edu> wrote:
>
>> I used the client mode for wireless networks to connect several devices that were not WiFi capable to a much larger network. The real-time bandwidth monitor is occasionally useful as well if you have Comcast.
>
> I had a thought, and I can't tell if it's possible.. can you set one
> up to be a repeater (full client and AP mode at the same time)?  I've
> thought about doing this as a cheap way to extend the range, however
> from what I've seen you can only do one or the other.  This I would
> require 2 units, which makes the problem less interesting.
>
> Brian

You sure can.  We've set these up as repeaters as we had nothing but
trouble with the so-called "range extenders" from any manufacturer.
This kept a very solid connection for a client of our's who was
pushing wireless out to his garage.  It takes some tinkering to get
going and I don't remember the exact method but it definitely works.

--
Donovan Niesen